A calibrated set of the most faithful PAF's available, built exactly the way Seth Lover intended for a smooth and sweet tone.
The Seth Lover Set is the perfect choice for players wanting to transform a solid body or semi hollow into a singing classic rock machine. Nothing but blue sky.
The Seth Lover neck model gives you a smooth but articulate tone by striking the perfect balance of warm, full low end and a nice sweet treble. The alnico 2 bar magnet helps to smooth the high end response, while the vintage output coils bring out this pickup's rich harmonic content. Single notes will have that perfect singing quality, and the un-potted nickel silver cover gives the tone an almost piano-like percussive feel.
The Seth Lover bridge model gives you that warm, airy, open tone by striking just the right balance of low end warmth with a smooth but articulate top end. Chords will have a full, open sound, and single notes will have a soft, yet articulate feel.
Each humbucker is carefully hand built in Santa Barbara, CA, to Seth Lover's original exacting specs. Our butyrate bobbin molds are created by the same factory that built the original PAF mold for Gibson. Other key features include our specially manufactured 42AWG plain enamel mag wire, nickel silver cover, 2.5-inch alnico 2 bar magnet, custom machined metal and maple spacers, single conductor push-back braided lead wire, and nickel silver bottom plate. We wind every Seth Lover humbucker on Seymour's original Leesona winding machine from the early Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI., for that unmistakable vintage tone and feel.
Ultra-authentic, Alnico 2, P.A.F.-type humbucker. Great for country, jazz, blues and classic rock.
Designed jointly by Seymour and humbucker inventor, the late Seth Lover. Just like the original 1955 P.A.F.s, the SH-55 utilizes a long-legged nickel silver bottom plate, butyrate plastic bobbins, plain enamel wire, Alnico 2 bar, wooden spacer, and black paper tape. To be completely true to the original design and tone, the pickup is not wax potted. The tone is vintage P.A.F. The unpotted cover gives a slightly "honky" microphonic quality. Vintage style single conductor cable standard.
Mostly commonly used in a neck and bridge set. Can be used in the neck with an SH-11 Custom Custom for heavier rock sounds from the bridge position.
For brighter toned instruments. Works especially well with maple and ebony fingerboards. Not recommended for use with ultra high gain tube amplifiers over 50 watts.
Joe Perry / Aerosmith (neck & bridge), Gary Rossington & Rickey Medlocke / Lynyrd Skynyrd (neck & bridge), Blues Saraceno, Dweezil Zappa, Sheryl Crow (neck & bridge), George Pajon Jr. / Black-Eyed Peas (neck & bridge), Steve Stevens (neck & bridge)
Prewired ES-335® Wiring Harness for Gibson CTS Switchcraft PIO Paper In Oil
CTS 500K Premium Custom Audio Taper 3/8" Split Shaft Potentiometers with 10% Tolerance. These are not your standard issue CTS pots. These premium pots meter no lower than 500K.
WD® TONE CAP OIL FILLED TONE CAPACITOR .047µF
Non-inductive mylar and oil caps, these WD® Tone Caps use oil soaked mylar as di-electric material and are very smooth and natural in sound. For those that prefer the traditional look and vintage tone for their guitar at about 1/2 the price of Vitamin Q capacitors.
- Switchcraft USA Short Straight Toggle Switch with Deep Nut
- Switchcraft USA 1/4" Input Jack
- Finished with black and white Gavitt vintage style cloth wire
- Harness is tested prior to shipping to ensure proper operation
- Each harness is meticulously hand wired in the 50's style
Please note: CTS pots require a 3/8"" hole diameter in the electronics cavity of your guitar. Import knobs will not work on CTS pots.
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring? It affects your tone in three major ways:
1. The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face.”
2. The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
3. The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
ALL CUSTOM PICKGUARDS, WIRING HARNESSES, GUITARS, AND CONTROL PLATES ARE MADE TO ORDER AND WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS TO COMPLETE.
If you are not satisfied with a product, you may return it for a refund, store credit, or you may want to exchange it for another product. Returned products will be refunded the sale price indicated on your sales receipt minus shipping costs and any restocking fees (if applicable). If your purchase qualified for Sigler Music's Free Shipping Promotion, the actual shipping cost will be subtracted from your final refund/credit. Please note, if you decide to return an instrument but keep the bundled accessories, your refund will be reduced by the regular advertised price of the non-returned items.
To receive an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization), you MUST call a Sigler Music team member within 30 days of the purchase date at 1-800-281-6607.
- Products must be returned in the manufacturer's original package and internal packaging. Accessories, software and manuals MUST be included. Incomplete returns may be refused or subject to a re-stocking fee. (minimum 25% of the purchase price)
- Pack your return securely and insure it. Put the RMA number on the shipping label. Packages without a valid RMA number posted will be refused and returned.
- Returned product should be in "new" condition. Returned product that shows wear or abuse will either be refused or subject to a restocking fee. (minimum 25%)
- Please do not write on the original manufacturer’s box.
- Returns should be received within 14 days of the date the RMA was issued. Allow 10 days for refund to be administered after we have received the return.
Non-Returnable Items - We do our very best to help customers when they request to return an item. Customer service is our first and foremost concern. However, there are a few items that are non-returnable. These items include:
International Shipments/ Special Ordered Items/ Custom Built Items/ Items shipped via FedEx Oversize 3/ Warehouse Clearance items/ Electronic Drum Sets/ Cymbals/ Used Items / Headphones/ Microphones/ Earphones/ Opened Instrument Strings
We offer FREE Ground shipping for orders of $50 or more. Free Shipping in USA applies for Continental United States only. The Free shipping promotion does not include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO's or any international address. If you reside outside the US, or in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico you can use the Shipping Calculator.
We ship all international guitar pickup orders via USPS. If you need your guitar pickups by a certain date, and you live outside the US please contact us for a Fedex shipping quote. Most larger international packages ship via Fedex, but we can ship items via USPS, if requested. If you would like your package shipped with a certain carrier, please contact us for a specific shipping quote.
Most items have a fixed shipping amount posted in the listing. No brokerage for international express shipments. If the listing says "Buyer pays shipping", we will calculate the shipping charge based on quoted rates to your ZIP code. For expedited shipping or a shipping quote, please e-mail us by clicking 'Ask a question' at the bottom of this listing.
Most packages are shipped within 1 business day.
See the specific item description for details. PLEASE NOTE: International buyers are responsible for any customs/brokerage/duties/fees and/or taxes charged by your country or the shipping company. Free shipping offer does not apply to orders delivered outside of the continental USA.
DELIVERY TIME AND TRACKING INFORMATION
Tracking numbers will be uploaded into eBay as soon as they are available, almost always within 24 hours of cleared payment. If your item was shipped FedEx, it can take up to 1-6 business days for delivery to your address. USPS Priority Mail generally takes 3-5 business days but it is not guaranteed. International orders usually take 7-10 business days to arrive in your country, and then it is up to your local Post Office or delivery company to deliver the item. Your item will most likely be shipping from our warehouse in Arkansas, though some items are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer.